Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chocolate Cookies!!

Yes, I know. Not one but two exclamation marks. It's a crime against grammar and a grievous assault against the English language. All I need to do now is reformat this entire post in Comic Sans and we'll know that The End is upon us.

However, the hyperpunctuation is not without merit. Because today I discovered .. wait for it ... SCD cookies! Delicious, easy, quick and perfectly legal if you overlook SCD's aversion to chocolate. In my not-at-all-humble opinion, modern research says a lot about the anti-oxidant properties of cocoa and how good it is for your heart.

But frankly, a single, poorly researched, dubiously funded sentence in a throw-away trash-mag would be more than enough to convince me to make one small SCD concession because, let's face it, I'm never giving up chocolate.

Today I stumbled across this recipe. I adapted it as detailed below and I must admit that the results have been consumed utterly. Not even a crumb to mark the passage. So much of yummmm ...

Sugar-free, dairy-free, flourless CHOCOLATE cookies

  • 3/4 cup of organic raw honey (or more to taste), slightly softened
  • 3 egg whites
  • 15 drops of pure vanilla extract
  • a pinch of teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder (or less - this is a very strong taste. Heaven).

Preheat the oven to 175°C. Beat all the ingredients together until the result is a smooth, frosting-like heavy cream that is virtually impossible not to devour. Drop teaspoonfuls onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet (grease the parchment) (I didn't grease the paper and the cookies did stick a little bit. I was forced to chew the remnants off throw away the excess).  Bake for about 12-15 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want them - longer =  crunchier. Place on a wire rack to cool (if you can help yourself).

No comments:

Post a Comment